Saturday, May 6, 2017

Bootstrap

So I've got this ancient relic of a web site.  I started this when I was at AT&T in 1995 and it shows.  Seriously, don't laugh at the content.  I used to try to keep it up to date but at some point other things just seemed more important.

Back about 3 years ago I read something about Bootstrap and thought, oh, that looks cool, I'll have to give that a try, then forgot all about it.  Until today.

A key feature of Bootstrap is that it's mobile-friendly, in fact, mobile-first so you should be able to resize the above page or even view it on your phone and it will stack the columns and otherwise make it look reasonable on the smaller screen.

So here is my foray into Bootstrap.  See especially the links page which uses the cool dynamic tabs feature.

Bootstrap allows you to work at a higher level, focusing more on your content and not so much on the ins and outs of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.  I'm actually looking for a way to start easing back into JavaScript but this framework really insulates you from it, at least at this simple-minded level I'm working at so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment