Thursday, July 18, 2019

Uberconf 1

This was the longest day, 7:30-20:00.

Highlights:

A Vue Perspective (3h) and Testing Vue with Raju Gandhi.
Based on my extremely limited exposure, Vue seems like the most elegant of the "big three" client side frameworks.  It's the framework that lacks a big corporate sponsor (Angular comes from Google and React comes from Facebook).

I used Visual Studio Code for the coding parts.  It feels like I am getting over the hump with this tool.  This free Microsoft IDE has really taken off in the last 2 years or so.  The thing about it that first caught my attention is its support for Spring Tool Suite 4.

Craig Walls' Securing Spring REST & OAuth was excellent.  I have used Spring Security at work a bit but was still feeling like it hadn't quite clicked for me, and this helped.  Oauth is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, but Craig makes it seem easy.

My final 'Uberconf after dark' presentation was Neal Ford 'Stories Every Developer Should Know'.  This was an entertaining collection of cautionary tales about projects that went disastrously wrong and lessons we can learn from them.  I never knew that Enterprise JavaBeans came out of something called the San Francisco Project at IBM.

Here's a couple of presentations from Spring One Platform 2017 about STS 4 and Visual Studio Code:
Spring Tools 4 - Eclipse and Beyond 
Erich Gamma at SpringOne Platform 2017 Visual Studio Code 


The "Keynote" with Hans Doktor of Gradle was just a naked infomercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment