Friday, June 22, 2012

Uberconf day 4

Scott Bain "Sustainable Test-Driven Development"

"In TDD, we are conducting an analysis to create the functional specification."

Tests aren't tests, they're requirements.  I agree with this line of reasoning, but non-programmers won't accept requirements that are written in code.

"A good test is a unique test."

"Behavior-based Analysis and Design"

I was a little worried this was going to be all review for me, but he touched on some points I never thought of.  Good presentation.

Oleg Zhurakousky "Enterprise Integration Patterns with Spring Integration"

I like this guy... he's got a MacBook Pro and he put a sticker over the glowing Apple logo.

Great presentation.  I feel like I learned the maximum possible in 3 hours.

Plus another endorsement for Springsource STS.

Lunch

I sat down next to Craig Walls at lunch and he gave me a Spring Roo t-shirt.  Cool!

Craig Walls "Client-side MVC: Web and Mobile Development with Spine.js"

"Knockout has an awesome tutorial."

"Mobile extension Spine Mobile"

Once Craig got into the details, this was a bit over my head. Looks cool but I'd need to come up to speed on CoffeeScript first.

"REST API follows Rails convention."

Spine apps can be wrapped in Cordova/PhoneGap.

Links

Approaches to Legacy Code
Lean-Agile Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment